This is my rat rodder trap. I put a PBR for bait under it and wait patiently....
The hat channels below the rear window are kinda jacked up. Pieces are missing from years of vibrating. These things can't be thicker than .020" steel. I tacked it back in place to keep it out of the way. I'll have to add some L brackets to help shore it up.
I drilled four holes withe a hole saw to give me a starting point. I used the sawzall to remove the lid. I purged the tank with shop air for a few minutes to see if there were fuel fumes present.
The shape of this tank was pretty amazing. I felt bad about cutting it up for about.......10 seconds. The baffles are spot welded in. I underestimated the quality of the spot welds. I tore a hole in it trying an air chisel. Gonna hafta cut it just above the floor and grind the remainder out.
The carnage after about an hour. It's a pain, but it needs to be done, so I can make sure I can locate the critical pieces. I hate having to rework stuff after it's done.
It still needs some clean up, but I ran out of sawzall blades and time.