Saturday, October 6, 2012

CUT IT OUT !!!!!!! Part Deux

 I have been putting this off for a while now, just due to the fact that it's kind of a crappy job.  For those of you who followed my travel trailer blog, you know that means it's time for Mr. Hankey.


 I started by using the piece I removed as my template.  That is about as close as you can get to the correct filler panel by using it as a template.

Once trimmed to fit, I tacked it in place with my TIG welder.
Pretty much boring stuff after that, just connect the dots and finish welding.  The polish off the tops of the welds with a flapper wheel and call it good.
Then I hit it with the DA sander and that should be good enough for some primer.

I'll box the inside section at a later date.  I had to do the same thing  on the other side, but I'll just jump to the good stuff.  No need to rehash the same exact steps.
Good as new.  I'm tired, so that's to for today.

No comments:

Post a Comment