Thursday, July 12, 2012

The Big Vision

  

  I don't know exactly when it happened, but hot rodders turned into sissies.  The image of the hot rod hoodlum was replaced with power parking upper management.  They traded in their greasy red rags for enclosed trailers and bag lawn chairs.  Hot rods morphed into full scale model cars.  They were built with the intention of never seeing the streets, only the asphalt of the fairgrounds.  Wrenching on cars were replaced with dusting and waxing them.  The biggest vendor at the Nats has turned into the electric scooter rentals.  

God help us.
I have always been a  scrounger.  I have been buying  bits and pieces at swap meets for years.  I always buy them for that "just in case" moment.  I have acquired a lot of stuff that I need to do something with.

Over the next few months, I am starting a shop truck build.  This will be a purpose built hot rod.  Hot rods are built to be driven.  This one will be driven.........daily.

No comments:

Post a Comment